University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019: Madras University is the mother of all the old southern Indian Universities. The University of Madras was established on 5th September 1857. The University is conferred of 5 Star Status by “National Assessment & Accreditation Council”. Along with that University Grants Commission’s status of being the “University with Potential for Excellence”. The University of Madras offers various UG, PG and research degree courses in various fields including Arts, Commerce, Science, and Management. The University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 conducts separate admission processes for research programs of Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy. The M.Phil And Ph.D. degree can be obtained in Full Time, Part Time (Internal), and Part Time (External) mode.
University of Madras Admission 2018-2019
- 1 University of Madras Admission 2018-2019
- 1.1 University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Details
- 1.2 University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Application Process
- 1.4 University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Admission Process
To get an admission for M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses, contenders must have a post-graduate degree in the relevant stream. Before applying for the University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 must check the eligibility criteria whether it is suitable to you or not. Candidates who have cleared UGC, CSIR NET are exempted from appearing in the University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 entrance examination. The University of Madras conducts entrance exam for selection of candidates to the research programs. Every year the Madras University releases the application process for M.Phil course in the month of June. The Ph.D. Application Form is available in online, interested aspirants can download it from the official website. The filled University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 application form have to submit on or before the 30th September 2017.
The registrations for the doctorate course is carried out in four sessions across the year. They are January, April, July, and October. The Ph.D. course admission is currently conducting for the October session. To take admission in M.Phil And Ph.D. Courses candidates need to be a minimum graduate in the concerned stream. The dream of every student is to kick start their career in a reputed university. Aspirants have a look at given information of University of Madras eligibility criteria, Application Form, and How To Apply etc. A huge number of students are eagerly waiting for admission in University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019. If you want to get an admission in University of Madras students have to clear the entrance examination. Bookmark our website SarkariRecruitment.com and check more information on University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019.
University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Details
|Name of Institute||University of Madras|
|Qualification||M.Phil And Ph.D.|
|Last date to apply||30th September 2018|
University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who want to take admission in M.Phil, Ph.D. in Arts, M.Phil, Ph.D. in Education & M.Phil, Ph.D. in Science must read the entire article. Students, who want to pursue Ph.D. in full time mode, have to complete the course work within three years. Students who had the wish to apply Ph.D. under part-time mode have to complete the course work in minimum four years. Contenders who have an interdisciplinary M.Phil degree or M.Litt (in relevant discipline) will be given relaxation of one year. The University of Madras has decided to offer the Ph.D. program in various specializations. They are Criminology, Anthropology, Environmental Toxicology, Islamic Studies, Indian Music, Public Affairs, Biotechnology, Defence & Strategic Studies, Information Science, Computer Science, Vaishnavism, Development Economics, Sociology, Arabic, Persian & Urdu, Microbiology, Christian Studies and Mass Media & Communication Studies.
Eligibility Criteria For Full-time Ph.D
- Candidate must have M.B.B.S. Degree with two years of Senior House Surgeons, Special training.
- Candidate who are having Master’s Degree in Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Fine Arts, Education, Languages, Architecture and Medicine Commerce, Management Science, Law, Technology including the Degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D. or M.R.C.P), or Master of Surgery (M.S. or F.R.C.S./M.R.C.S.), Veterinary Science, Indian Medicine, M.Pharm. and Agriculture are eligible.
- Candidate with Bachelor’s Degree in Homeopathy, Veterinary Science, Siddha, Ayurveda, Unani Medicines etc., with two years Senior House Surgeons.
- Must have minimum 55% aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
Eligibility Criteria For Part-time Ph.D. (Internal)
- Teacher of affiliated college with NET, SLET qualification or M.Phil. Degree with one year of teaching experience.
- Research Assistant, Technical Assistant appointed on a permanent basis by the Madras University.
- After M. Phil degree and Teachers of HSC, High Schools and Polytechnic with two years of experience after the qualifying degree.
- Candidate with M.L. Degree practicing as an advocate in any Court of Law or serving as a Legal Advisor within the territorial jurisdiction of the University with a minimum of 4 Years of total working experience after qualifying degree.
- A teacher working in the Department of the University or in an affiliated College, HSC or High School or Polytechnic within the territorial jurisdiction of the University.
Affiliated Colleges Teacher must have one year of teaching experience without M.Phil or SLET, NET in the following disciplines
- Computer Science
- Interior Design
- Communication and Journalism
- Media Arts
- Hotel and Catering Management
Eligibility Criteria For Part-time Ph.D. (External)
Candidates with any degree, and working as a teacher, Research, and Development (R&D) Centres, the scientist in National, Universities, State level institutions, Laboratories and institutions can apply for part-time basis of two years after their qualifying degree. A supervisor, examination, the doctoral committee would prescribe course work, and research work has to complete for a minimum of Six Months.
For Full-Time M.Phil
Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in the above mentioned subjects with a minimum of 55%.
For Part-Time M.Phil
Teachers should work in University Departments and in Affiliated colleges. Teachers of Polytechnics approved by the Director of the Technical Education. Otherwise, teachers of HSC and High schools approved either by State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education or Educational Instructors of IAF.
M.Phil. Eligibility Criteria
For M.Phil. (Continuing Education Management)
Candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Andragogy, Adult & Continuing Education, Social Science, Humanities of this University.
For M.Phil. (Biochemistry)
The candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Medical Biochemistry.
For M.Phil. (Development Economics)
The aspirant should have a Master’s Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Business Economics.
For M.Phil. (Tamil Literature)
The candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Tamil Literature and Culture, Tamil.
For M.Phil. (Neuro and Nanotoxicology)
The candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Biotechnology, B.V.Sc. And Master degree in Botany, Biochemistry, and Environmental Sciences with Zoology.
University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Application Process
Ph.D. Application Process
Visit the official website for to download the application form. The candidate is required to download the application form and submit the filled form at the corresponding department of the university. The candidate have to pay DD of INR 500 from any nationalized bank, drawn in favor of “The Registrar, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai 600005”. SC, ST candidates have no application fee.
The candidate also needs to submit documents along with the application form
- Birth Certificate, S.S.L.C. Certificate.
- 10th std, HSC, UG, PG, M.Phil. Mark Statements.
- A Service Certificate and No Objection Certificate in original.
- Community Certificate.
- A copy of appointment order.
- Approval of qualification.
M.Phil Application Process
The application form can be downloaded from the official website. Candidate have to pay an application fee of INR 300 while purchasing the application form from University counter. In case of downloading the application, candidate have to submit a DD of 300 INR from any nationalized bank drawn in favor of “The Registrar, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai 600005”.
The following Original Certificates need to sent along with the application form
- SSC, UG, PG Statement of Marks.
- Birth Certificate, S.S.L.C. Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 Admission Process
The Madras university conducts separate entrance test for admission to its research programs. The test is of objective type. The duration of the test is two hours. The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination and qualifying examination. Admission to Ph.D. courses is based on performance in the entrance examination and qualifying degree. The entrance test is of 50 marks and it have two sections. Written Test for 40 marks and Oral Test is of 10 marks. Candidate have to secure a minimum of 25 marks out of 50 marks in the entrance test.
University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019: Click Here (Updated Soon)
We are trying our best to enclose the overall information. We hope the information is helpful for who are seeking admissions in University of Madras M.Phil And Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019. If you are satisfied with this article bookmark our site sarkarirecruitment.com.